Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quick Hairstyles

So most day's my hair is lucky to get brushed let alone done in a style. But for day's where I want to look more human and less like a disheveled momma, I have some quick and easy hairstyles that only take a few minutes.
The Classic High Bun
 To jazz the bun up I like to twist a section of face framing hair on each side and pin it back with bobby pins. To get the bun higher I flip my head over to easily get the bun extra high. Secure hair into a pony tail, twist the hair from the pony tail into a bun and secure with pins. This is the easiest hairstyle short of a ponytail and is super trendy right now!

 Milk Maid Braids
source: asuyeta 
I call this the milk maid hairstyle because I totally feel like a milk maiden when I wear it, it's so cute AND easy! Separate hair into two sections like your doing pigtails. Braid each side and secure with clear elastic band. Bring first braid up over crown of head and secure with pins. Bring other braid up and secure with pins. Make sure the ends of braids are tucked in so they are not visible. Finish with hairspray to keep look all day!

Low Braids
source: Hair Romance
This is done a lot like the milk maid hairstyle. Start with two braided pigtails. Instead of bringing the braids over the top of your head your going to bring one side low across the bottom of your hairline. Secure with pins. Then bring the second braid across and over the first one. Secure with pins and make sure the ends of the braids are tucked in. Finish with hair spray!

 source: The Paper Momma
This one is a picture tutorial so there isn't need to explain much. Whenever I do this one I separate my hair into three vertical sections. I twist each section and secure with pin. I finish with hair spray. I think it looks better a little messy so I sort of haphazardly pin the sections. Doesn't this remind you of the hairstyles that were popular in the 90's? I totally rocked the twisted hair look, except I had twists all over my head! Anyways... this is a really easy hairstyle that can be used for long and short hair.


Thanks for the comments! To answer Katie's question I think that ombre looks great on both long and short hair in fact it was a pic of Shenae Grimes that inspired me to try ombre myself! My only advise is to try and get the darker color as close to your natural hair color as possible. Ombre is perfect if you don't want to have to worry about roots growing in! It does seem that people either love or hate this style. It does look like you haven't had a root touch up in a while and some people really just don't like that. For me that's the reason why I LOVE it, because I don't have to worry about my roots for a long time :)

3 comments:

  1. Loving that pic of Shenae Grimes. Loving all the new do's with twists and braids..... wishing my was longer so I could do them

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally do the twisty bun one! I love that because I could do it with my shorter hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try some of these with my hair, but somehow I don't think they'll turn out well. My hair is so frizzy unless I fill it full of mousse or creme-gel. Blah. I hate having to put product in my hair! I'm such a lazy bum... Luckily, I get a headache pretty easily if I keep it in a ponytail, so I try to just keep it curly mostly. I'm pretty bored of it, but my track record suggests I won't change it anyway.

    ReplyDelete