Friday, November 18, 2011

Hello, my name is Marie and I'm a Twilightaholic!

I have a love hate/relationship with the Twilight movies. I read the books before the movie was even conceived and fell in love with them. They are a series that I can read over and over again. The problem I have is that before the movie was cast I had my own Twilight world created in my head. I knew what Bella and Edward looked like and acted like and let's just say the cast of the movie was NOT what I had imagined in my head. Actually just one of the cast, Bella. I just CANNOT see Kristen Stewart as Bella. I'm sure she is a lovely girl, she just isn't Bella to me. The rest of the cast is great, my personal favorite is actually  Billy Burke (Charlie). He was not AS big of a character in the book, but Billy Burke was so funny and lovable in the movies! 

So enough about my thought's/rant's about the movies, let's talk about the hair! I'm going to do a 3 part series about twi-hair and it's evolution throughout the 3 movies. I'm having a Twilight marathon before I go see Breaking Dawn next week!

Let's start with Bella. I did like her hair. I think it only helped Kristen Stewart better portray Bella. It's long and simple, and I love her headbands. The one thing that drove me batty (and maybe nobody else noticed this) but she obviously wore a hairpiece to make her hair longer. The problem is that the hairstylist didn't match the hair piece to her natural color very well, so she has reddish brown hair on top and black hair underneath. You really can't notice very often, just in certain lights, but it seriously made me crazy! :)

Now on to Edward! Obviously his look was a BIG hit since pretty much every female on the planet want's to now marry Robert Pattinson. His hair cut and color were perfection in this movie and totally made Edward officially swoon worthy!
 My little boy even rocked the Edward look for a while (minus the ice cream mustache) :)

Carlisle and Esme were just how imagined they would be. Carlisle with his blond neatly styled hair and Esme with a beautiful old fashioned but modern style. 

Rosalie AND Emmett are actually not how I pictured them in the book. I didn't like Emmett's buzzed hair at all. Nikki Reed is probably the last person I would have picked for Rosalie! She has naturally dark hair (anyone remember her from the O.C.?) and I think her dark hair suits her more. Her blond hair just doesn't look natural to me. But she is stunning and her hair is styled beautifully. 

Alice and Jasper are JUST like I imagined them! I really like Jasper's hair, although I wish it was highlighted less (I mean come on, he is supposed to be from Civil War era!). Ashley Greene is a PERFECT Alice. Her hair is cute but I like it the least in the first movie. That annoying little flipped lock at the bottom of her hairline drives me batty, I just wanna take my scissors and snip it off! 

Jacob... oh, Jacob. Long hair is just not for you! I know it's long in the book but this long wig even makes Taylor Lautner look not so hot! Luckily he ditched the wig in the next movie and he turns in to a hottie to rival Edward! 

 Wanna know my favorite hair in the first Twilight movie? Hands down, Victoria. Her hair is beautiful and EXACTLY how I imagined it in the books. The cut, color and style is perfection.
source: All photo's are from MTV

So what do you guy's think? Are there any other twihards out there? How do like the hair in the first movie? Any character's that didn't live up to your own imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment