Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Poor Mans Product- Shampoo

 My all time favorite Shampoo is Redken's All Soft. Your hair feels AMAZING after you use it! It's great for all hair type's and leaves your hair soft and silky. Of course being a professional product it cost's an arm and a leg. A 300 ml. bottle runs from about $13-15 dollars! 

find at Redken
My poor man version? Tresemme Moisture Rich shampoo and conditioner. Tresemme's whole line of shampoo's and conditioner's are fantastic! They are the only non professional brand that I have felt measure up to the professional one's. My favorite is the moisture rich but they have several different type's and you can choose the one that matches your hair type and needs. And is definitely more budget friendly at $3-5 for about 900 ml.! 

find at Tresemme
So why should you use professional products? I have a few times when I really try to squeeze some professional shampoo into my budget
  • If you just colored your hair darker. You just spent a lot of money getting your hair done so treat it well! Non professional products are harsher on your and you will see your color fade faster. If you can only afford one choose a good shampoo over a conditioner.
  • I do like to try and use professional shampoo more in the winter time. My hair get's super dry and it's worth the extra money to buy it. However when I do buy it (especially when it's colder) I try to wash my hair only a few times a week. You are saving shampoo and your hair doesn't get as sweaty and dirty as it does in the summer. 
  • If my hair is very damaged. If I just highlighted or damaged my hair in some way I will use professional shampoo. In this case a good repairing conditioner is more important than a shampoo, but I'll usually try to use both if it's extremely damaged. 
P.S.- Hope everybody has a very happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment