Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Red Lips

The fall season is upon us and I'm starting to see more of my favorite fall makeup trend, red lips. I love red lips! Which is funny because my husband HATES them and makes an annoyed face every time I wear it. But I won't be discouraged and proudly wear my bright shades of lipstick anyways. I don't wear a red lip often but when I do I feel beautiful, even if I'm just sporting it with my pajama's while I do dishes. A bold lip is my absolute favorite beauty trend, and I think anyone can pull it off. Choosing the correct shade of red for your skin tone is SUPER important, it may cost more but purchasing your lipstick at a store like Sephora where you can try on different shades is worth the extra cost. However, Walgreen's and CVS both do returns on opened makeup, so if you get a shade that doesn't work for you just bring in your receipt and packaging and try again!

Here are some inspiring red lip photos:
source:sfgirlbybay
 source:InStyle
 source:makeup geek
 source:vanity fair

Would you like to know my perfect red lip formula? I have pretty fair skin (okay, think 1 step lighter than a white sheet!) and this has been my favorite red lip products. I start with Maybelline Color Sensational lip stain in cherry pop. I start by putting on a first layer and blotting with a tissue. Repeat until you get the desired intensity. 

 I finish with Covergirl Lipslicks in daring. I HATE the feel of lip gloss, but this gives a nice sheer color and gloss but doesn't feel sticky. It's actually very moisturizing and I often use different shades of this like a chap stick.  

So there you have it! What do you guy's think about bold lips? Do you love it or hate it? It can be a hard look to get used to if you have never done it because it's SO dramatic. But if you wear it confidently, you can look gorgeous!

3 comments:

  1. Love red lipstick but the hubs hates it. I don't think there is a man on this earth who likes it. Cute blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its awesome when a girl can pull it off. I am too much of a wuss to do it and feel like I don't have the clothes to go with the lips. You always look great though with your gorgeous lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Hubby is semi-anti lipstick so bright red is def. out for me.

    ReplyDelete