Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mature Women

Do you ever think about what you will be like when your older? Will you be conservative? Will you sport the "classic grandma" short hair cut and perm (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that)? When I think of myself I'd like to think I would be like my Great Aunt Dottie. She is in her 80's and a total fireball! She showed up to my wedding with bright red hair, a huge fur coat and lots of big beautiful jewelry. I'm cursing myself right now because I can't find a picture of her anywhere! She is amazing and totally what I want to be like at that age! 

What really got me thinking about this was an older lady that sat in front of me at church on Sunday. In a sea of short, permed old lady hair this woman had purple hair, PURPLE! She had a short, cute cut that was styled spiked out and looked amazing! I was so mad that I didn't have a camera or even my phone with me to take a picture. She was by far one of the coolest old lady's I had ever seen (except for my Aunt Dottie of course!).

Here are some more inspiring older woman with big personalities!

Patricia Field is 70 and a fabulous costume designer. She has styled the cast of Sex And The City, The Devil Wears Prada, Ugly Betty among many others.
source:styleite
Betsey Johnson is another awesome mature woman at the age of 69. She is an AMAZING fashion designer with a big personality, and is known to end her fashion shows by doing a cartwheel down the runway!

These ladies are so inspiring! Who says you can't still have fun with your look when you get older? What do you guy's think? Short and permed or spiked and purple! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to keep my long hair when I'm old. Maybe I will let it go grey, maybe I will finally start to dye it but I think I will keep it long. So many chop theirs off.

    ReplyDelete