Monday, November 7, 2011

Poor Man's Product

I LOVE product! Product is by far my favorite part of the hair industry. I have tried just about every hair product out there and love trying new things. I loved it so much that in beauty school I took the position of product rep. I took inventory of the school's product, and had to give a few presentation's, which were awful and nearly made me cry :) But every week I got payment in the form of a brand new, lovely product of my choice! But alas, my husband is a student and I am a stay at home mom which equals poor. However much I love all my professional products, it just isn't always possible to get them. So over the years I have tried nearly every store brand product on the market and have found a lot that closely compare to my favorite professional one's. So every week I'll do a poor man's product post and show you a cheaper version of my favorite professional product.

Since it's FREEZING (at least to all the Arizonian's) today it finally feels like fall! It's time to start fixing all those bleached ends from summertime. Here is my favorite professional deep conditioning treatment
I will still try and get this if my hair is seriously fried because nothing else beats it! After shampooing towel dry your hair and apply, leave on for 5-15 minutes. Sometimes I'll shampoo my hair in the sink and put this on with a shower cap. I'll leave it on while I watch a show or do some chores and rinse in the shower. Be prepared to be amazed by the condition of your hair afterwards! You can buy this on-line or at your local salon that carries the Redken product line. It costs about $18-25.

The poor man's version is actually a really great product, despite being more wallet friendly. 
I usually use this about once a week. Just apply to towel dried hair and leave on for 3-5 minutes. It work's wonder's and I'll often use it on client's if we did anything with bleach. It is a GREAT product at a WAY lower price, $3-4! You can get this at Target, Walmart, and pretty much any store that has a hair care section. 

Do any of you use these products? Let us know how you like them!

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to hear what products you like- the wallet friendly ones anyway. :) I haven't tried a whole lot and don't notice big changes but I always want something better. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of poor mans product!

    ReplyDelete