Saturday, December 31, 2011

Makeup Trends of 2011

Let's take a look back at some of this year's biggest makeup trends.

Eva Mendes is actually wearing 2 of this years hottest trends, the cat eye and metallic shadow. The cat eye has been seen on a ton of celebrities (most notably, Adele). It's a quick and easy yet sexy makeup trend which I LOVE because it looks great under glasses! Shiny, metallic eye shadows have been hot this year. I have always loved any color eye shadow as long as it is super sparkly and shiny so I have been loving that this is actually in style!
source: taaz 

Bold lips were huge this year. Even some unusual shades have been seen like orange and neon pink. This is my personal favorite makeup trend, I have been rocking bright lipstick since high school!

Bright eye shadow has also been a huge hit this year. I have been loving seeing all the pretty color combinations and creative use of color on the eye. The photo below is of Keiko Lynn, she has an amazing blog with lots of great makeup tutorials!

Before I leave you for this year lets see who this years biggest style icon was. Without a doubt the moment this year that made me say WOW, was when I saw Kate Middleton at her royal wedding. She was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen, and reportedly did her makeup by herself! EVERYTHING was perfect, the hair, the dress, the jewelry and the makeup. She has impeccable style and I can't wait to see what she wears in 2012. 

What were your favorite beauty trends of this year? Can't wait to see what this next year brings!
Happy New Years Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment