Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Make Your Own Eye Shadow Palette

Okay before we go into this tutorial there are a few things that I discovered while doing this! 
  1. Cutting the plastic is not for the faint of heart. It reminded me of Christmas when you have to cut toys out of all the annoying thick plastic, yuck!
  2. To de-pot my eye shadows I used a VERY flat, flat head screwdriver and just kind of shimmied them out. I have heard of other people using a strong paring knife but you just need something strong with a  flat edge. You do need to be careful because most of them were glued in and the more glue they had the harder and more likely to break they were. Just shimmy them out slowly and carefully
  3. Some of the eye shadows were easier to de-pot than others. If you feel like the eye shadow is starting to crumble, keep trying at your own risk! I did loose a couple of eye shadows, although non of them were my favorites so they were worth the risk! 
  4. Originally I wanted to put my blushes in too, but I found that trying to de-pot something as big as blush didn't work too well and there were some casualties. :(
Besides all my disclaimers, I LOVE my new palette! I am always using tons of different eye shadows at a time and it's so nice to have them all in one place. I also love that there is plenty of room for all my applicators. Plus I think I'm sort of a makeup hoarder and this makes it look like I have a lot less than I actually do! Muahaha! So here are the easy steps to create your own palette.
P.S. You can click on the pictures to make them larger!


So what do you think? Will you create your own eye shadow palette? Let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Thats cool! I would have never even thought to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete