Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hair Color Fun

I LOVE fun colors in hair. I had hot pink ends a few months ago and I loved it! Every time I glanced at my hair in the mirror it made me smile. I loved the way the color looked in braids and up style's. However, I felt like it wasn't always appropriate. I felt weird about it in church and I had a job interview where I tried to hide as much of it as possible. So I found some techniques for getting some fun color without having to wear it everywhere!

Use oil pastels
First pick a section that you would like to color and dampen with a spray bottle. Next take the section and color with an oil pastel (I suggest using a small children's book and piece of scrap paper as something sturdy to "draw" on). You can seal the color in by flat ironing or curling on low heat. The color should rinse out after a wash or two! If I had blonde hair I would love to try Lauren Conrad's peachy ends, so pretty!

Use yarn
I LOVE this idea! It's SO easy and the color combinations are endless. Just section off the hair above your ears and secure. Take small sections and tie yarn around the hair and knot. Release the top half of your hair and finish with a fun style. I love the yarn with the fishtail braid!

No comments:

Post a Comment