Saturday, January 7, 2012

Poor Mans Product- Tool Edition

Infrashine Flat Iron: Buy Here

Using good quality tools is so important to getting the style you are after. Straightening your curls with a less than amazing flat iron isn't only hard on your hair but takes more time and effort on your part. My favorite flat iron is the original black Infrashine flat iron. I have used many different brands of professional flat irons and this is the best I have come across. I bought one a little over six years and up until 2 month's ago it has worked just as well as the day I bought it. Now keep in mind that I use a flat iron much more than someone who isn't a hairdresser. I would leave it on all day sometimes, it had been dropped and used often. However, a couple of month's ago I dropped it and one of the ceramic plates came loose. Even though it STILL heats, it's pretty unusable. I was pretty sad when my trusty flat iron that lasted so long, finally bit the dust. 

 Andis Flat Iron: Buy Here
Now let's keep in mind that I had purchased my Infrashine in my wonderful early college day's. I was living at home and working two job's whose income was solely used to buy myself fun things :) Nowadays no such income exists so I set out on a journey to find a cheap, but just as amazing flat iron. My journey was long and annoying, but after returning about 5 different flat irons I found the most unlikely yet AMAZING straightener! It was the one I was least expecting to work well and turned out to knock my socks off!  I bought it at Walmart for about $16-17. The one trick I found with this flat iron is to keep the heat turned all the way up, otherwise your hair snags in the plates (which is the main problem I had with all the other irons that I tried). But I felt it was definitely a worthy opponent to my Infrashine. 

So while someday I would love to be reunited with an Infrashine, the under $20 price tag of the Andis is too good to pass up!

No comments:

Post a Comment